Saturday, 12 October 2013

Yourself VS the People Around

credit to Nwar Mohd

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone


Greeting from Bloomington everyone. Hahahaha =) I don't know why, although I'm craving to update this blog but it seems that there were so many commitments that need my extra attentions. Worry not because I just finished my extremely busy week, so here we go. I would like to talk about something so - so important that I always remind myself about being WHO WE ARE.

Haa, what is that mean?? Of course by definition we are who we R, right?? But don't take my words literally please because we need to transcend from the way we perceive things. Many people out there who willing to immerse themselves blindly in any sort of relationship and end up engaging in things that they don't really want.

Living in this newly community, I sometimes engage in constant doubt with how they behave, think, and talk. But I would rather look at the diversity rather than looking at the differences. Many people, before I flew to US, gave me advice to consciously preserve my upbringings as a Muslim and as a Malaysian. In another words, to be as good and noble as I could especially when I was about to mingle around with people of different values. A slack in my action can tarnish the whole perceptions about people from which I came from.


diversity of people. let us gain our unity!!! credit to Google

As I get to know many people here on campus, I realized that what the Quran said about the diversified kind of personalities, cultures, and beliefs are meant to be celebrated and praised. No matter from which background that they came from, we should respect and treat them well. 

One of the opportunity that I got during the Jumuah congregational prayer at the Islamic Center of Bloomington was when a group of students who are non - Muslims came to observe and to interview the members. It was a bless!! They asked me approximately 11 questions regarding the meaning of being a Muslim, politic involvement of Muslim, issues regarding invasion of Iraq and Palestine, and the women's right.

To be honest I felt that I was not the right individual to answer those questions, but that open discussion about me being a Muslim was a great experience of my life. Personally, I realized that every single Muslim carries a very important role as the ambassador of Islam. To show and to reflect the beauty of the religion. 

When we have that kind of opportunity to give our opinions and ideas, we should wisely make use of it. No matter what type of Muslim we are. Be it religious or not yet religious. Note that I used the term of "not yet" religious because everyone of us has the minimal right of reaching to that point of being religious. InshaAllah. Yeahhh, don't be terrified or overwhelmingly inferior. Have we forgot that Allah promised in the Quran that we are the best ummah created for the universe. Since our prophet Muhammad was the last prophet, then, who are going to continue his responsibilities?? Yessss, you and me. All of us do play a significant role.

So, what's the real point that I'm trying to make right here?? Hahaha. Just wanna remind all of you including myself that we are who we are, and we should be proud of it. None of us should be judged as odd or weird, because all of us are unique in our own ways. 

Once a Muslim, always a Muslim. Embrace yourself people!! It's time to shine brightly and show the world what we have in us. To be honest, we can conform to other's opinions and their ideas in order to seek for acceptance. But we shouldn't change the core and fundamental elements that had been instill in us since we were younger. We can compromise with little things, but not anymore when it involve our AQIDAH and the SYARIAH. If we feel sad for not being accepted in that group of people, we would be even more sad when Allah refuse to see us during the Day of Resurrection.

Last but not least, I don't know what else to say. Maybe you could think of a conclusion of your own. But seriously, Bloomington is a nice place to live your adolescence period. Muahahahahaha. God knows best. (It's way off from my tajuk).

xoxoxo,
Fazuan


No comments:

Post a Comment